Report Writing is a 2-day course that includes all the elements of Business Writing Essentials. It then continues with a series of writing applications and exercises to show you how to develop skills in writing and presenting professional business reports.
You will get many opportunities to rewrite your reports with feedback from our professional writing facilitator.
This is an interactive workshop using practical exercises, discussions and case studies.
Who should attend?
Everyone who writes or edits complex reports.
Business writing fundamentals including:
- writing purpose – value to the readers
- Plain English, grammar and active or passive voice
- structure and layout, including Front-Focus
- image, language and tone
as well as report writing application exercises covering:
- rewriting your own work documents by applying the fundamentals
- 1:1 facilitator feedback
- Mind Mapping as a tool for report planning
- use of appropriate report structures
- the executive summary
- board reports, committee papers, submissions
You will learn how to:
- establish your writing purpose and engage your readers
- write in a way that moves your readers to act
- significantly reduce your report writing time
- write with greater confidence and look more professional
- use the most appropriate report structure and layout
- write a functional executive summary
- review and edit reports