Customer Service Writing is a 2-day course that includes all the elements of Business Writing Essentials. It then continues with a series of writing applications and exercises to show you how to develop skills in writing and presenting professional emails and letters to customers.
You will get many opportunities to rewrite your customer emails and letters documents with feedback from our professional writing facilitator.
This is an interactive workshop using practical exercises, discussions and case studies.
Who should attend?
Everyone who has to write or edit responses to enquiries and complaints.
Business writing fundamentals including:
- writing purpose – value to the readers
- Plain English, grammar and active or passive voice
- structure and layout, including Front-Focus
- image, language and tone
as well as customer service writing application exercises covering:
- rewriting your own work documents by applying the fundamentals
- 1:1 facilitator feedback
- Mind Mapping as a tool for document planning
- strategy, including saying ‘no’
- writing with empathy and sensitivity
- written responses acknowledging and resolving complex issues
- admitting mistakes where appropriate
You will learn how to:
- write effective responses to customer enquiries
- deal confidently with difficult letters and emails
- significantly reduce your writing time
- convey the desired corporate image
- remain mindful of reader needs
- use correct grammar
- review and edit documents