Technical Writing is a 2-day course that includes all the elements of Business Writing Essentials. It then continues with a series of writing applications and exercises to show you how to develop skills in writing and presenting professional technical documents.
You will get many opportunities to rewrite your technical documents with feedback from our professional writing facilitator.
This is an interactive workshop using practical exercises, discussions and case studies.
Who should attend?
Everyone who needs to communicate complex technical information to a broader business audience.
Business writing fundamentals including:
- writing purpose – value to the readers
- Plain English, grammar and active or passive voice
- structure and layout, including Front-Focus
- image, language and tone
as well as technical writing application exercises covering:
- rewriting your own work documents by applying the fundamentals
- 1:1 facilitator feedback
- Mind Mapping as a tool for document planning
- use of appropriate structures
- the executive summary
- creating titles and headings
- writing definitions
- writing instructions and procedures
You will learn how to:
- establish your writing purpose and engage your readers
- improve the clarity and reader-focus of technical documents
- significantly reduce your writing time
- write with greater confidence and look more professional
- use the most appropriate structure and layout
- write a functional executive summary