Writing Emails and Everyday Documents is a 2-day course that includes all the elements of Business Writing Essentials. It then continues with a series of writing applications and exercises to show you how to apply the ‘toolkit’ to your own document types.
Well written emails get a faster response.
You will get many opportunities to rewrite your business emails and other documents with feedback from our professional writing facilitator.
This is an interactive workshop using practical exercises, discussions and case studies.
Who should attend?
Everyone who writes or edits various work documents.
Business writing fundamentals including:
- writing purpose – value to the readers
- Plain English, grammar and active or passive voice
- structure and layout, including Front-Focus
- image, language and tone
as well as emails and everyday document writing application exercises covering:
- rewriting your own work documents by applying the fundamentals
- self and peer group review
- 1:1 facilitator feedback
- Mind Mapping as a tool for document planning
- use of appropriate document structures
- the writing process – Plan, Write, Edit
You will learn how to:
- establish your writing purpose and engage your readers
- write in a way that moves your readers to act
- significantly reduce your writing time
- write with greater confidence and look more professional
- be motivated to improve your writing performance
- construct your documents, paragraphs and sentences
- use correct grammar
- review and edit documents